Did you ever look at the Sodium content on frozen dinners?

Ugh, I just went off my BP meds so I am trying to watch my Sodium intake. I kinda thought at least the Smart One meals were okay to eat because they were approved by Weight Watchers. I happened to look at the Sodium content... OMG! So that sent me on a scavenger hunt of other items I usually eat at Walmart (all this while shopping at midnight last night) LOL! I thought those little frozen oriental meals looked good.... Sodium content was over 1,000! Everything frozen is bad..... I just don't have a lot of time to make things at home though.

Does the Sodium contents make you reconsider your eating habits??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Food & Drink

• All the time and with everything. When I started walking and eating better, sodium was one of the first things I cut out of my diet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• That's why I never buy frozen food. My DH has HBP and he doesn't need temptations, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Amazing huh?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Yeah, I don't care so much for me, but the kid I take care of was getting WAY too much sodium and we figured out it was because of all the frozen meals he eats. We have cut way back on them and I am very conscious of what has a lot of sodium in it now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I used to eat a lot of frozen meals when I lived alone. I've cut back on those now, but it's shocking all the processed foods that have a high sodium content, like canned goods and boxed dinners, salad dressings, you name it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I don't always pay a whole lot of attention, but I try. I've noticed that sometimes I can actually tell when there's too much sodium in something. I can't taste it necessarily, but there's something different about some foods when they have too much. Not all the time, but sometimes.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Yep, that's why I don't eat any of that. I have to be really careful about my sodium intake.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I don't because I learned that a long time ago - "diet" products are some of the most unhealthy things on the market.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I learned a lot last night at Walmart... LOL!
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• When I started reading labels, I started making more things from scratch. Now I have it so that I premake a lot of things and freeze them for later in the week when I have less time to cook.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2013