Losing weight while pregnant...

Hi Ladies!

I had my 1st baby 14 months ago, with that pregnancy I gained 65 lbs!!! I was mortified :( It resulted into me getting G.D. I went from 235 to 300 in only 9 months.

My Husband and I are ttc again. I am scared I will gain a lot of weight again or get G.D. I didn't exercise or watch what I ate with my 1st pregnancy. So, if I exercise, cut out junk/fatty foods and soda.... is it possible for me to lose weight and not gain any.

I am currently 310 lbs! I just can't seem to lose weight for some reason.

I need some help and any advice :)

I would also appreciate for all negative comments to be kept to yourselves.

Thank you!

PeytonsMommy512

Asked by PeytonsMommy512 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Lose the weight and THEN get pregnant.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• What does your doctor say? You need to speak with him or her. And I'd put off any TTC until you've lost some of the weight. Not only will you be in better health, but you'll be better able to handle two kids. (My own doc says two years between delivery of baby one and conception of baby two, and that's without morbid obesity in the picture.)

You need to get yourself healthy first. You don't want to have a heart attack in the middle of your delivery.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Cut out all the crap and exercise NOW so it is second nature to continue your healthy habits while pregnant.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• and *begin to* exercise
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• The wisest move would be to get a pre-conception counseling appointment with your gynecologist. He or she can answer all of your questions and discuss the risks with you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• OP..here is a site I found while pregnant because I was afraid of GD. I gained about 30 lbs, but as long as you eat healthy, and you still can excerise, (of course ask the OB first).

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/eating-right-when-pregnant

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• You can't lose the weight because of the situation you are in. . It is also hard to lose weight by yourself - you need some sort of a support system. Another reason is that you are eating junk/fatty foods. Besides that, the more weight you have to lose, the more hopeless the case seems. Right?

Start by finding that support system. It can be as easy as Weightwatchers or, if you prefer, you can turn to a dietician. Weightwatchers can be done online, they have forums where you can find a weightloss buddy, you'll learn to eat healthily and it can help you start to get active again. Also important is that you will set yourself a goal for your weight loss and see your progress.

Above all, if you give yourself a year to do this (what's a year in a whole life?) before you TTC you'll be doing yourself and your future baby a huge favour. You'll be in good health for your next pregnancy.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• My friend lost weight while pregnant. She just ate right and walked. She ate very healthy. She cut out all junk food. She didn't deprive herself at all, she just ate like she always should have.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• If you had gestational diabetes before its likely you will have it again and losing weight may not help you avoid it. I was between 105-120 lbs pre pregnancy and still had gestational diabetes with 4 out of my 5 pregnancies.

Answer by missanc at 7:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• You probbly want to talk to your doctor- it's not usually recommended to try to lose weight while pregnant, but if you eat right and at least get moving some, it would probably be ok. It would definitely be better all around thhough, if you lost some weight FIRST.

what hae you tried to lose it before?
    *don't do shakes, pills, or strict diets
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2013