My boyfriend and I had protected sex the day before I was supposed to start my period. I was cramping a little, but still decided to go through with it. Can this delay my period? Or am I stressing too much? I'm not but a few days late.

He wore a condom, and said he pulled out. After he ejaculated once he said he didn't remember if he stuck it back in before he changed the condom, but he did change the condom.
Please no negative comments, I know how

SKL85

Asked by SKL85 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If your period is late, take a test rather than torture yourself wondering...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Would the test be accurate? It wasn't but about 4 days ago.
    SKL85

Comment by SKL85 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Yes, it can delay your cycle. So can stressing about it. Get a test at the dollar store. They are just as accurate and will put your mind at ease. I don't think you are pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• He does not remember sticking it back in before a new condom!?

Do not allow him to do this. Only takes one sperm, and in this situation there would be a few hundred thousand, give or take a few thousand , that is NOT protected sex

Pee on a stick and get back to us
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• He doesn't think he did. And if he did only for a short time.

Would the tests be accurate because it's only been a few days since we had sex?
    SKL85

Comment by SKL85 (original poster) at 8:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• It wasn't but about 4 days ago

Then NO a test would not pick it up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• And if he did, only for a short time..........this is not protecting yourself against pregnancy
    Just saying, in future... Be more careful

Good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• As flatpax said, it only takes one sperm. To answer your question, sex just before your period won't delay your period.

Even condoms are not 100% effective. So even if used correctly there is still a chance.

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• He can't remember sticking it back in you...I'm assuming by saying "it" you mean "penis"?

I would think since it's your body, you would know if he stuck it back in you or not.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Stress would delay your period. Having sex won't keep it from coming if it is already on its way. Wait till next month and if you still don't get it, take a test.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2013