Jon and Kate a sell out?

My family used to watch the show all the time. We loved it at first, but have begun to feel like they are just doing it now because they get so much free stuff. I mean, they have been on how many free trips? I know, I know, it sounds like I'm jealous. And I will admit that I am. There. Now that I think about it, maybe I would sell my family too! Kate got lipo and a tummy tuck, Jon got hair implants, they've been to Hawaii, Utah (skiiing) Florida, I can't think of where else. Would anyone here do the same?

GMR

Asked by GMR at 12:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think their show is interesting and I also agree that Kate is over the top alot of the time. I have seen her do many questionable actions for being in the public eye. Such as slapping Jons' face, putting him down, yelling at him in public in very demeaning ways. They do seem to love each other and their children and have a strong sense of faith. I do feel though that it has gotten to a point that they have recieved way to much for free on top of what they get paid to do the show just because they have sextuplets. I have seen many other families on tv with multiples and they struggle to make ends meet. It's one thing to share with the public yet another to exploit for personal gain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Oh yeah I would in a heartbeat.

Answer by gemgem at 12:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If someone finds my family interesting enough to want to film it and people want to watch, why not? I personally don't like the show because I can't stand how Kate treats her husband. I think she is a real bitch to him and I don't really feel like supporting that.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• honey did you see her bellie after she had all those babies she deserved that tummy tuck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• This is probably the only way they can support 8 kids nowadays. I'd do it too....

And yes, I wish Kate was nicer to Jon....
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 12:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Jon and Kate don't DESERVE anything, but they are very blessed! They also annoy the hell out of me:) And GMR nobody peed in my cheerios this morning, because I didn't eat any breakfast, but thanks for your concern:)
    Anonymous

• I'm not saying she didn't deserve the tummy tuck, boy did she ever!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• do you blame her for being hateful? if i had 8 kids i would be grouchy too most of the time
    Anonymous

• There was this one episode where they did a mission statement and it basically said be a good person, be nice, be charitable, etc etc....... Kate needs to reread it and act like she want her kids to act and be nicer to Jon. LOL
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't care how much free stuff they get. They are blessed and thats cool. Everyone deserves to be blessed, but they are to, in return, be a blessing to someone else and being that they are well known, I would do everything I could to be a leader and a good role model. I find the opposite with Kate. No one is perfect and thats fine, but since the show has been on...shes gotten worse. Youre supposed to make progress, not go backward. Its gotten to where I can't stand to watch the show because I can't stand her attitude. As far as their trips and what not....thats fun to watch. Their regular lives would be boring for tv. I just don't want to see her talk to her husband like a 3 yr old. She actually corrected his grammar on one of the shows recently. Um...who does that on national tv?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009