How do you know if you lost your mucus plug? adult content

I am 37 weeks 5 days pregnant. I went to the doctor Friday and he checked me I was 1 cm 50% thinned. He told me I would have a little blood because he stretched my cervix but I had what I felt to be a lot and then late that night I had a big clot of blood come out. I called my Dr and he said it was normal and that my cervix was probably just stopping the bleeding. I have been cramping and having some contractions since and I have a constant feeling that I have to pee but no infection, I went and got checked. I woke up last night feeling weird and having some pains but fell back asleep and have been fine this morning. When I went to the bathroom I had a lot of discolored mucus come out when I wiped, about the size of a half dollar, could that be my mucus plug?

kdorrough

Asked by kdorrough at 12:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Did a big ol' wad of snot come out of your hooha? Then you may have lost your mucus plug.

Did your vag release a wad of snot that could rival the best kleenex during the mist of a severe headcold? Then you may have lost your mucus plug.

---

Haha... yep it does sound like it could be your plug. You might even lose more of it. Nothing to worry about.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• When it looks like someone hocked a loogie in your panties.
    Anonymous

• It may come out little by little and you not realize it or it may come out all in one piece at the beginning of labor. The only times out of 5 pregnancies that I could tell was my first (it came out in one yucky-looking mess when my water broke very early in labor) and my fifth pregnancy where it came out very noticeably in messy, snotty globs. The other 3, I never noticed.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I never noticed when I lost mine, but I had a friend who lost hers and it was a real mess. So it varies from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. It does sound like yours has dislodged. Sometimes a doctor messing with the cervix can dislodge the plug and cause cramping and bleeding. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• How many other bloody globs do you have coming out that it could possibly be confusing?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I never noticed. Though it does sound like you are losing some of it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2013