Isn't Mogwi what Gizmo from Gremlins was?? What kind of name is that for a baby ???

I came across a old school mate that is expecting and the babies name will be Mogwi I thought they were joking and I made a comment back then realized they were SERIOUS . They are white so they aren't a different race.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• well what does the race have to do with it. i mean strange names yea but what does the race have to do withit
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I guess it sounds like a non american name and that's what she meant even though ALOT of white people have odd names that aren't concidered "white".
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i guess i am a little partial i have two mixed kids and when people throw race into things for no reason it annoys me. i mean its the name she is referring to not the race right.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ignorant much? Who the hell cares? It isn't your kid. Get over yourself. And nice racist way to frame a question.
    Anonymous

• I was just asking really if that was what the gremlins were not meaning it to be a race question.
    Anonymous

• so you really shouldnt have mentioned the race it is not relevant
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Oh come on?...are you ladies THAT sensitive? She wasn't trying to offend. She was commenting on the name and she knew that someone would ask if they were from another country and it might be an appropriate name there but odd for an American, so she was just saying that they were white (meaning not from another country) and it was odd. Give her a break, she wasn't being mean. So freakin insecure!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• So is that what the Gremilns were Mogwi's??
    Anonymous

• The Gremlins are Mogwai. Perhaps the name means something else since the spelling is not the same?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think you are talking about Ashley Simpsons baby right? She named her son Mowgli . (The boy from Jungle book.)
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 2:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009