How much do you REALLY trust restaurant food?

Golden Corral employee whistle blows a pretty gross practice

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• throwing up I will have to show this to my family the next time someone suggests we go there!  That's so disgusting!  Why on earth would they put the food out there if it wasn't being thrown away?  Isn't there room in the fridge?  I hope that guy found a new job, since you KNOW he's not a GC employee any more!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• From the comments they had too much prepared food and would get dinged by the inspector, this was their way of hiding it until the inspector left. After which they would retrieve and serve :(
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I've worked in tons of restaurants and I've seen some pretty shady stuff but NOTHING that even compares to that. That is gross. I'm so glad my manager now is an OCD clean freak.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 1:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• We have a different branch of them here, and DH and I both got horribly sick after we went with family. Now if it's a group thing and BIL is pushing to go there, we'll beg off if he won't budge.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• OMG, I just sent that link to my husband this morning because that one in the video is the one we 'went' to. We are never going there again, that is so nasty.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Ugh. I don't eat at feeding troughs like that because there's so much sodium and crap in the food.. Now that's just another reason to not want to eat out. Ugh.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• im glad that we never eat out, with the rare occasion of mcdonald's. i haven't been to a sit down restaurant in years. i never liked golden corral anyway
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• With working in pest control I hear all the horror stories that the guys bring back. I pretty much stay away from them if I know they are bad. And if we don't do their pest control I don't go to them anyway. I found some pretty distrubing things online about McDonalds and I will not be going back to them either.

I have been trying to cook more at home here lately. Saves us money and also I know it's clean! lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I try very hard not to think about issues with restaurant food, especially when I'm eating out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Not at all, the things that have been reported,
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2013