Are McDoubles OK for my dog?

I know at this point in what's left of her life, it's probably a mute point, but my (13 y/o) lab/sheppard mix who's days on this Earth on numbered, seems to just love McDoubles with ketchup. Her appetite has been slowing down, but not when I bring those home for her. I was just wondering if I should even worry about giving her too much McNasty's, or just let her enjoy what's left of her time w/ us? What would you do? (If you've ever seen SuperSize Me, then you'd know why I'm asking! lol :p)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Pets

• The only thing you might have to worry about is the dog getting the runs. Other than that, let her live it up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• It's a certainty that her health has declined to the point where it's only a matter of time until she's gone? I say load her up if it makes her happy.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Awww poor baby :( Sure I would treat her. My Mom used to buy Mallowmars for out old dog. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I wouldn't do it all the time but as a treat, sure :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I'm with wendy. If her health is declining and she has a loss of appetite EXCEPT for the McDonalds, then by all means, give it to that sweet baby :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I would give them to her. Let her enjoy it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• So far no runs (knock wood!) And yes, we've already cancelled "the" appt. to have her put down. By cutting her pain meds in half, she regained her balance. But we still know it's not going to be too much longer. It just seems like she drinks more than she eats, so for the past couple of weeks, I've been getting her a couple McDoubles 3-4 times a week. It's worth it to see her perk up when I walk in with the bag & to see her actually eat. I break them into bites so she actually savors, rather than inhales them :p If I could afford to feed her T-Bones as much as I do from the dollar menu, I would.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2013