why are pregnancy tests so expensive? I want to go get one but im so disappointed that the "good ones" cost over 20. went to the dollar tree and they have none.

aprilynn26

Asked by aprilynn26 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You can get them dirt cheap online. When I was trying to get pregnant, I bought a pack of 50. They are the strip kind without a plastic casing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Julie! I bought them TOO! LOL! They lasted about 10 years! When I got pregnant with my Daughter I pulled one out, used it then BAM a positive in seconds. I think they are the ones they use in Hospitals. That is funny!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• went to the dollar tree and they have none.
    then go to CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Family Dollar, Rite Aid

seriously- you can't think of one location where you can find a test for less than $20?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Did you ask at the counter at Dollar Tree? They've been holding them behind the counter here because people have been stealing them....yes, stealing $1 items....sad.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• oh- and grab some OTC birth control while you're there. if you cant afford a pregnancy test you definitely cant afford a baby.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• sometimes the good ones are on sale like, buy 1 get 1 or half off, depending where you go.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• If you think pregnancy tests are expensive go to you GYN and see what they will charge you to do the same test.
    If you don't want to pay for the pregnancy tests you might consider how much it costs to have a child and raise it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• you can get the "good ones" for around $5-$6
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Buying them in bulk online is a good idea if you are trying to conceive. If you just need one, think about this--if you can't afford a test, maybe you should reconsider getting pregnant.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Wal Mart.....$5-7.
    Where are you buying $20 tests???
    Are you sure your not getting the ovulation kits or something? LOL
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 3:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2013