So I applied for a job that starts at $10 then goes to $12 after 90 days. The only problem I have is my young daughter just had a baby and wants to go to normal school,not a young mothers high school,and I want to be there to watch the baby in the morning. I really just want to work part-time and go to school part-time. I've done janitorial cleaning I'm tired,and just want out of that kind of work. My husband is pressuring me into taking the job with no regards to how tired I'am of cleaning,I've done that for 10+yrs. All he cares about is how much money I could make.
I'm not sure what to do. The new job requires that I be there everyday of my shift no missed days are allowed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Money & Work

• I need to learn some new skills.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• understand you are tired of cleaning
    but with your experience
    could you clean private homes?
    makes more money and you set your own hours
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• We do what we have to do to make ends meet and it is not always what we want to do.
    You re going to need to sit down and plan thi out together and try to find your solutions.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Go to your County Civil Service Commission & see what they have available. High pay & Benefits. Job security & a retirement too. A County job is a very good job.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Cleaning homes can pay really well, and the work isn't as heavy as commercial janitorial is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2013