Kid names

Now I'm curious. I am a regular, not a troll.

What do you all think of my kids' names?

Dylan James
Ciara Ann (pronounced Kira)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Nice. Not what I would choose, but it would get pretty confusing if we all picked the same names for our kids.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I like them. They flow and are not completely and totally unspellable.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I like Kira spelled that way. Ciara seems to me like it should be pronounced like Siarra.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I don't like the spelling of Ciara especially if you say it Kira, seems like you have an extra "a" in there. Dylan James is good though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Ciara is an Irish name, and I'm using the Irish pronunciation. The American pronunciation IS Sierra. Kira looked too plain to me.

Part of my Heinz 57 heritage is Irish and Scottish. I wanted to show that in my kids' names, without having a whole alphabet soup just to say Sam (Welsh, love the names, just cant pronounce them on sight)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I wanted to name DD Aisling 'Ash-leen' but no one would have ever said it right ever.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• See ^^^ you're getting defensive. You asked opinions & we gave them. Most people don't care for my youngest DD's name. Knowing that, I'm not going to post a question asking if people like my kids names.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I don't feel defensive about my kids' names at all. I do a LOT of explaining about my daughter's name though. Their names really fit them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Nice names.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Kira is pretty for the pronouncing. any name that needs a disclaimer, though, is automatically a no in my book. makes me sad for their lifetime of explaining and correcting
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2013