Do most people have their ex a friend on FB?

What does that say to you? that they get along ok and want to have them in there FB life? or that they could get back together?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I have one ex that I am friends with on Facebook - we were friends before we got together, and friends after we broke up. All my other exes, I have no desire to be friends with them, on or off Facebook.

I don't really think much about it. I don't put a whole lot of stock into what someone says/does on Facebook. I think a lot of people just want to pad their number of friends, so they'll add/keep just about anyone, including an ex.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I have my ex blocked on facebook, however, he was a possessive-abusive asshole so there is NO reason for me to give him access to my life.

My husband has a couple ex's on Facebook. I don't care. They're ex's fora reason, and we've been together for 10 years now so I'm not worried about infidelity.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I have 2 of my ex's as friends on facebook but 1 of them I dated in middle school and the other I dated in high school (it was a summer romance) Neither one of them I would EVER consider being anything other than friends with. I did consider it briefly on a very lonely weekend while going thru my divorce, but QUICKLY banished that from my thoughts. They are still friends and I like to keep up with what they are doing and play games with them. I do NOT have my ex-husband on my list.

My SO has a couple ex's on his list of facebook friends, but there is no threat to me.

Personally, I don't read anything into who someone has on their list of facebook friends. The only time it would raise any concerns is if there were questionable posts on the walls or lots of messages back and forth.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I would if we both used it. I do have one ex boyfriend I talk to on Skype sometimes, and I e-mail once in a while with my ex husband.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• My ex husband & I are blocked from each other. I do have a couple of ex's as FB friends but, we haven't seriously dated in over 15 yrs.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I have a few, but they are not very active on Facebook. I think they added me to check up on things, saw I'm happily married, and never contacted me again.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• My first thought is that maybe they have kids together and they get along for them. But, that's probably because I have kids. I do not, however, have my ex as a FB friend because we don't get along and I can't stand the sight of him.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I have some ex bfs that I was also very good friends with on my fb, but if I could get along with my ex husband I wouldn't have divorced him!

Answer by missanc at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I have a couple of "exes" who are friends on Facebook. One from high school (more than 30 years ago) and one from college (getting close to 30 years ago.

Not bloody likely we're getting back together, ever. But I am pleased for my college ex's success as an author; he's published a dozen novels now.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I think that some people keep their ex there as TRYING TO BE CIVIL FOR THE KIDS....
    As for me, it is enough that i see him every week...we have join custody, that i have no desire to have him in my facebook!
    Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 7:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2013