Do you have an ashtray in your home?

We had a pool party this weekend & some people invited were smokers. I took out ashtrays that I haven't seen in years. It got me thinking that I can't remember the last time I saw an ashtray for sale at a store. Wow have times changed!

Do you have one?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have several that were my grandmother's, several of which she made. No one smokes at my house and I doubt the kids would know that they are ashtrays.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• No, I have never owned an ashtray.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• No, I don't. I quit smoking 10 yrs ago & I threw out all my ashtrays.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• We smoke outside. And yes, we have plenty of ashtrays.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• We have a lot of ashtrays, hubby is a smoker, and has been doing so since he was 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!times have changed for smokers...it is getting harder and harder for them to find a place where they are welcomed....

Answer by older at 6:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• No ashtrays. If you want to smoke in my house, you need to go outside and at least 20 feet from any windows or doors. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I have some, for cone incense. I'm not a smoker and never have been, but I got one for cone incense because it was easier to use than the burner that usually comes with cones.

I remember when you used to be able to find them in Wal-Mart and stuff, and you're right, I haven't seen them in forever.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• No one in my house smokes, nor have we eve smoked. No ash trays in this house. :)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I've never owed an ash tray & will never allow smoking in our home. Although wal-mart does still sell them. I over heard someone looking for one, and they've had one.
    Our entire town is pretty much smoke free. No smoking in all public buildings.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• My ex was a smoker, sowe had ashtrays, but I haven't had one around since my divorce. I really can't tolerate smoke in my house because of my asthma and migraines. It's wild, though, many people who didn't smoke used to have ashtrays in their homes just in case visitors needed them. You don't see that anymore.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2013