Want a baby with him

I had my tubes tied 13 years ago.
Reversal or in vitro?
Anyone know an estimated cost for each?
Percentage rates for successful pregnancy?
Any good ideas for more information?
Web-sites?
Doctors name?
Location?
Time, recovery?

Anything else I may need to know??!!
Please help

I'm almost 38 and he's 48, would be my 4th child and his first.
Are we to old?

Suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Adoption is your best option.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• I'm mostly answering so others don't think I'm the one that asked this question.
    If it were me, I would just get a cat or a dog. I know it's not the same and believe me, I completely understand wanting to give him a baby (I am 34, tubes tied 11 yrs ago, 3 kids, SO doesn't have any) BUT, my youngest is 12. The thought of starting over (morning sickness, heartburn, hrs of labor, stinky diapers, potty training, terrible 2's....the list of phases I have gone thru 3 times now continues) just scares me. Not to mention that I have no baby anything as I gave it all away. Have you seen the cost of diapers lately?

I briefly googled it to see what a reversal would cost and what the success rates were. The cost was something like $5,000 and insurance won't cover that. The success rate is actually quite high, depending on the type of tubal ligation you had.

Sorry but my suggestion is to just get a cat. I'm saying this as nicely as I can
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• No, you aren't too old. I don't know what a reversal would cost but you would be looking at $12,000 to $15,000 even with very good insurance for IVF.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• How badly does he want this? Does it have to be HIS baby, or would he be happy w/ adoption? Maybe fostering first? The procedures are expensive like tempsingl3mom said & you have no guarantees. I can tell you, my dad was 48 when my evil 1/2 sister was born & now that she's grown (21 y/o) & has a baby that just turned 1, his patience isn't what it used to be. Your hubby needs to look at the big picture. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• If you are more concerned about parenting together than biology, adoption might work for you. Also, you could adopt a slightly older child and have a higher chance of getting one in a timely manner.

What kind of tubal did you have? The ligation procedure is somewhat reversible, but many women have cauterization done as well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Get up the dream. Go get a dog.

Answer by louise2 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Dear friend it is almost two months now since i order a pregnancy spell cast on me by Dr ZOGO from this email zogospellcasters@gmail.com and which i started seeing changes on my body since the first week of last month and it two months and i am carrying my own baby in my womb i am so happy that i finally get pregnant after all i been through. All thanks be to Dr Zogo
    Andy S.

Answer by Andy S. at 10:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Are you sure?
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2014