Help my 23 month old keeps playing in and decorating with her poop....gross lol

This is becomiing an every day thing I think she is timing when it is naptime in order to poop lol. I was potty training which she was doing really well the problem is all the sudden she has stopped completely. I think it is cause I babysit my 4 month old and 5 year old nephew 1-3 times a week. She will still sit on it at times, but WILL NOT go any more. She at bedtime will hold her butt and tell me potty lol (i think that is to prolong her bedtime although I do let her go, but she doesnt go). But for the passed I want to say 2-3 months it was almost every day to every 2 days thing, but with in the last month it is an every single day thing. I put her down for a nap then go in her room after nap and she is covered in poop her hands, arms, legs, belly and then on the bedroom door and sometimes the wall. Now today it was this morning and naptime. Sometimes she takes off her diaper and other times she just puts her hands down her diaper. Now if she does it she will point in her room and say poop....poop ugh lol. I have tried cloth diapers then I have tried regular diapers with clothes on, um onsies (she unbuttons them), footie pjs backwards does work since she cant reach the zipper, but it is to hot to wear those. I tried duct tape (my husband and kids laughed at me lol) that doesnt work. I have tried litterly everything. I keep saying to myself this wont last forever....this wont last forever lol. But not sure how much more I can clean up lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check on her more often? That's about all I can think of that you haven't already tried. lol Just make sure she's clean before you put her down, then check on her regularly during nap so that you can try to catch her before she can play in it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Is this the same lady who was complaining about watching her sisters kids?This one?

I thought you were going to tell her you can't do it anymore because it is too stressful to your sanity. My guess is that she is acting out because of the stressful situation with your nephew.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• only thing is if I check on her more often and if she is in fact asleep I will wake her up because her door is loud when you open it lol

yes I am the same person. I am going to tell her, but I am waiting until tomorrow when I go for a follow up at my dr that way I can use the my dr said excuse lol. My mom says it is all in my head so I am going to wait until my app tomorrow then tell him how I been really good up until then than I am sure he will tell me to stop doing it then I am going to tell my sister he told me i couldnt do it. Right now hasnt been so bad cause for some reason she hasnt needed me this week or last, but starting september will be at least 2-3 days so I am going to let her know to that i wont be able to do it then
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2013

• Well, if her door is loud, could you maybe leave it open?

Or what about buying a monitor that has the video attached? Then you could keep an eye on her without ever going in there. I don't know expensive they are, but frankly, I'd rather spend some cash than clean poop from everywhere. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• keeping the door open no cause she is in a toddler bed now and she wont stay in her room if she knows she can get out. Haven't tried a monitor yet
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2013