Making candles out of broken crayons?

Is this possible?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• we'll be doing it sometime this month. the church i go to has a girls night and we do all kinds of things. just women and kids.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I use candy molds and make shape crayons. My students love them. I haven't tried to make candles out of them, but they are pretty stinky. I don't know if they would make good candles

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I have done it... In my camp councilor days... We uses old muffin tins!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Now we know how the crayon got melted in the sauce pan!! LMAO!! Penis voodoo!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• It is better to use the bits of crayon to color the wax, rather than try to make a candle using only the crayon wax. The non wax crayons can make great rubbing crayons but do not do well in mixing with wax.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Shape crayons are a wonderful idea!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Oh, crayon cookies in muffin tins, I remember those! Now they have kits that let you melt broken crayons and make new ones with bits of all different colors. We got my sister a kit at Target for under $20 one Christmas, might be more now because that was several years ago.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• When the children were young, we made candles using wax and crayons. I remember using paper milk/cream/half and half containers for molds. When the candles were set, just peel away the carton and nothing to clean up! We also made some where we put ice in the carton, poured the hot was in. Those were really pretty since they had holes in them where the ice melted!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• sounds cool. now I want to get involved in crafts again. there's just never enough time in the day.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• In my home economics class in high school I made a root beer float candle in a tall fluted by melting down brown crayons, something to make the froth(I don't remember what I used to make froth) put a straw in it and used a round red plastic ball with green pipe cleaner stem. It ended up looking like a real root beer float. Yes, you can use melted crayons.
    butterflyrose11

Answer by butterflyrose11 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2013