Good pregnancy blogs for happy c-section moms

Or just generally for more mainstream parents. It's surprisingly hard to find blogs that aren't sometimes down right hostile to a mainstream parent. Maybe it's just because my friends are kooky and secretly think I've been brainwashed(I'm only guessing with a few but eh we talk about other things) despite my public health education.

I already read fearless formula feeder and a few scientific parent blogs but I guess I really want to find a good pregnancy topic type blog because I enjoy the topic but all I seem to run into is geared for a different more like my kooky friends type of person. I read navel gazing midwife for a little while but the intactivism was too much for my taste.

Any ideas? What do you read?

P.S. Totally off topic but I'm also always looking for a good gardening blog and allergy friendly cooking especially for kids.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 1:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• what is a happy c-section Mom? What is the joy in having a stranger hack your kid out of your belly and staple you shut and then separate you from your kid longer, resulting in this "fearless formula feeding" you speak of?

disclaimer: me = 2 kids 0 vaginal births and 80% permanent vision loss from the meds the post op infection caused me
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2013

• I'm happy with my c-sections. You have damage from your anti-biotics and my attempt at having a vaginal birth with my first left me with pressure injuries in my bladder. Both of my kids needed respiratory help because of the stress of labor and that my placenta's always seem to calcify early.
    I've had quite a few surgeries in my life and c-sections are far from being hacked out. It's a process of careful cutting and cauterizing then carefully sewed back together by a doctor I've known for a few years now.My c-section with my daughter was the first time I knew she was really safe after months of preterm labor and daily stress tests.

I formula fed my daughter by choice because breastfeeding with my son drove a wedge between us. I had PTSD from a sexual assault and on top of that my baby had congenital lactase deficiency which took months to diagnose because no one would believe I had a lactose intolerant baby.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I'm sorry for your experience but all of my experience with c-sections and the recovery is positive. All I would change about my births is to have had my son's birth is to make it a planned c-section for breech rather then go through 18 hours of labor just to find out that he's backwards, stuck and passing thick meconium.

I look forward to my next birth being a planned c-section without labor so they don't have another problem breathing.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2013