My daughter keeps breaking out in hives!?

My daughter will be four in September and has been randomly breaking out in hives since Friday. It got pretty bad Saturday so I took her to Children's and they suspected her antibiotic so I stopped giving it to her. Her last dose was Saturday morning but she woke up with one leg and her belly covered this morning! I'm taking her to the doc this morning but was wondering if anyone has gone through this and what was causing it?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Kids' Health

• She's allergic to something. Have you introduced any new food, used any new products on her or her clothing, or has she come in contact with some new substance?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Hopefully her Dr. will help you narrow down what she's allergic to. Breakouts as a reaction to medications is fairly common. It should be getting better now that she's off the meds. that may have caused it. And like NannyB said, a change in laundry detergent, soaps, diet, etc. could also cause it. Put Cortizone 10 cream on the rash & give Benedryl as needed. Of course her Dr. may have other ideas, so by all means, listen to him/her.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Either heat rash or she is allergic to something. Soap, lotion, laundry soap, fabric softer, food.

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I haven't changed anything at all. No new household products a no new foods..
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I broke out in hives because I was allergic to strep. So it could be something internal.

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• my kids are allergic to bug bites. we got sand fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes over here really bad so my middle is covered from head to toe with them. doc gave her an anti-itch medicine that seems to be working on her.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2013