So mad right now! (question is at the end)

we live in an apartment that has ten apartments and ten parking spots. we are shaped like a horseshoe around the parking lot. one car per apartment is what the lease says. this started back in feb. and it involves two apartments. they have friends over and they park in our parking spots. i've had to ask them three times to move a car so we could park. the neighbor on the other side of me had to ask them to move twice and the neighbor on the other side of the driveway has asked them to move three times. and all this happened since feb. last night i called the landlord, and they told me to call the cops. (we live in public housing where you have to have a parking permit) to get them towed away. i'm going over as soon as they wake up and let them know they better get a permit (we are the only ones who have one. there was one other person but she just got a new car and hasn't done it yet) because if we don't have a parking spot again, they won't have a car!
they had their cars taking up two spots and we have a diesel half-ton pickup truck. if you're not sure, we barely fit in the parking spots as is.

here's the question: hubby's not sure if we should tow them or not. what would you do?

i have already told one of them that if they ever block me in again, i will drive over their car. and trust me their car will be damaged because my truck can take the beating, there little car can't. so they know i can be a bitch when i want to be.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Home & Garden

• If you've tried being nice, and they're still being assholes about the parking issue, then I would have no problem towing them. I do not recommend damaging their vehicle though, that's a whole different can of worms that will only be a headache.

I live in apartments too, only we have to pay to have assigned parking. Anything that's covered is assigned, everything else is a free-for-all. I have had to park on the other side of the complex before because there was no other parking. I get how pissed you can get when "your" spot is taken.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Call the police like the landlord said, but also keep track of all the details & present them to the landlord. You and your neighbors should all do this, so if enough complaints pile up about this tenant, maybe they can be evicted. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• If they park in your spot again I will have their car tow. They know they should not park there and they keep doing it maybe by towing their car they will learn the lesson. Good luck
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 8:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Have a cellphone? Take a pic of the car before you call, make sure you get the plate in the pic, that way if they do leave before the truck gets there, and it happens again, you have proof it's an ongoing problem.

But yes, tow them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I would call to have the car towed.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Have them towed IF you can. They may actually leave before the tow truck shows up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I agree, have it towed. You have given plenty of warnings.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I'd have them towed. I had that problem with a neighbor that lived across the street from me once, and I told him I'd have it towed if it kept up. The third time (on different days) that I went out and found their friend blocking my car in my driveway, I didn't say a word, just went in and called a tow truck. Truck got there, and started hooking the car up. Friend came out yelling and screaming, neighbor right behind him and I just told him, "I told you I'd have it towed. Maybe now you realize that I'm that much of a bitch. Remember this." And they did. Never parked in my driveway again.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Just call the police. It is the tenant and the landlord's responsibility to get/ issue the parking permits.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• You have the right to get the car towed. Just be sure you know that doing so will take an already tense relationship between you and your neighbors and make it worse. If you are prepared for that, go for it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2013