Saw a picture

of a little boy on FB that someone posted and I was like, "does that kid STILL have a pacifier in his mouth?!" I think he's like 2-3 yrs old.

Do people really let them have those things still at that age??

I remember my son spitting his out about 3-4 months and didn't want it anymore. I know it's not my place to care, but I think that's just a little too old to have that popped in their mouth. JMO

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• My son never liked them and my daughter had one that she loved but we lost in the move when she was just over a month old and we couldn't find another one she liked after that. Sucked because she was colicky and the one she had helped a lot.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I think it is too old. But some people do not care.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Each child is different so, I don't judge parents for that.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• i don't think 2-3 is that bad, considering i've seen kids at walmart that are atleast 5 with them in their mouth. mine all got rid of theirs by 15 months.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I don't mind 2 or so but the 4-5 year olds that still have them bug me. I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your kid though, even if I think it looks silly. DS never took one. He didn't like them at all.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I think most kids are done with them before age 2 however it doesn't bother me to see a child older than 2 have on for sleeping. I find it silly to see a child well over 18 months walking around with it constantly. Surely that inhibits speech development...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• yes, some people do. My nephew will be 6 on August 14th and he still uses one. They are supposedly going to make him give it up in his bday.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• After age 2 I feel its just lazy parenting. It messes up their teeth, speech, etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• my uncle lets his kids have a binki till they are ready to give it up. My cousin is six and still has it! IN PUBLIC!!!! I cant believe it!
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2013

• My oldest son had some major sensory issues, and he had it until he was 2 years old. After that, his therapist gave me chewy tubes, and that seemed to help during the day. Breaking the pacifier habit when he was trying to sleep was hard.
    My youngest son never wanted a pacifier.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2013