What is the difference?

I keep reading about "true Christians this, true Christians that".

What kind of Christian is a true Christian, as opposed to "fake Christian"?
Also who is the one who decides which one is a true Christian, which one is fake and why?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 12:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have noo clue, lol...I guess it's kind of like a fake atheist and a true atheist...lmao...See my point?
    Anonymous

• A person who believes that Christ is God's son and died on the cross for the sins of mankind is a Christian. No matter what denomination they belong to.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• oh honey you've just opened up a can of worms LOL

due to the denominations of Christianity, each denomination thinks the others are "wrong" about something there fore not a "real Christian"

IMO, and by definition a Christian believes Jesus died to forgive the sins of ALL people. You accept this and you go to heaven.

all the other little things like how you act and such are morals and have no bearing on what religion you are, they are just human nature.
    Anonymous

• "I have noo clue, lol...I guess it's kind of like a fake atheist and a true atheist...lmao...See my point? "

It seems to me that the fake atheist would a true believer that hasnt come out of the closet yet.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think its just some of the ways people judge or talk about others,
    if they think someone is not up to their standards,
    people do different thing in ways others do not that is each an every person,
    To say fake their the drama makers?? Or inferior To others
    Anonymous

• I don't know, but I find that terminology incredibly annoying. I was once told I was not a "true Christian" because I'm a democrat. Urgh. Whatever.

I think there are two major points to being a Christian: belief in God, and belief in Jesus Christ (and that he died for your sins). Beyond that, it's all gray area. Different denominations teach different things, and while I may not agree with them all, I don't think that they are "less Christian" for having those beliefs.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• A 'fake Christian' is a Christian that is preaching something the Bible says is true but just so happens to make the other Christians, or Christianity in general, look bad...a la` the Westboro gang. They scream that God hates fags and God is punishing America for tolerating homosexuality...well, they aren't exactly telling a lie, are they? The Bible does condemn gay sex and God DID destroy one city already because of it's gay-ness...sooo...LOL! But, they are a real PR problem for mainstream Christians so the mainstreamers denounce them. Same for the extreme Islamists...the Koran DOES say 'let the non-believer and infidels be put to death'...but, again, PR problem so mainstreamers call them 'extreme' or 'radical' or say they are...my personal fave, 'mis-interpreting' the word...LOL. With never a thought that maybe THEY are the ones getting it wrong and maybe, just maybe, it is as hateful as it sounds...crazy...LOL!
    Anonymous

• Christian...one who believes in Christ and follows His teachings.

Many apply the label to themselves just for believing in God. I never realized how broad the "definition" has become until I read so many various views here. 

Anyone can call themselves what they want.....it's been said before  but I'll say it again...it's not about what you call yourself, it is about the relationship you have with Jesus.

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• IMO, as a non-Christian, a TRUE CHRISTIAN is one who actually patterns their life after the one you call Christ.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Near as I can tell, a true christian is anyone who agrees lockstep with whoever is using the phrase, and a fake christian is everyone else on the planet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009