About to start my pork roast. Need a little help!

So I need to season the meat. Sear the sides then put into crockpot is what I gather so far.

I need to know what kind of liquid to use and how much of it.

I have potatoes onions and carrots to add.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I assume low heat? It is a small roast. Like the size of a softball smashed with a hammer.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I just stick a couple cups of water with seasoning in and add the potato's and carrots. If I'm going to be away from it I'd rather have to much liquid then not enough.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• A packet of dry french onion soup mix would be good.. If you don't have that, do worcestershire, garlic salt, pepper, and whole garlic cloves.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• my mawmaw used to put the onion soup mix in hers. my mama puts chopped onions (huge chunks), water and dale's sauce. I have never cooked one b/c my dh and ds won't eat it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• i use broth
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I don't think I have dry soup mix. I have beef and chicken bases but this is pork. Do I want to cover the roast with liquid or just cover the bottom of the crock? Meat on bottom veggies on top?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• You could use either chicken or beef. Meat on bottom veggies on top.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• How about some wine, and some water, wine will give it a rich yummy flavor. I would cover the toast with the liquid

Answer by older at 12:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• personally I add enough water to cover the whole roast so that the top is not left exposed to dry out. you could use water, chicken broth, veggie broth, wine a little mixture of one or two
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• The veggies will more than cover the top of the roast, but cover the whole thing in liquid? Just seems like a ton of liquid! But I'm not the expert here! Ok.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2013