This may sound like a stupid question,but... how many weeks after having sex, would you take a pregnancy test?

Normally, you would take one after a missed period. Well, having a miscarriage,I'm clueless when a period will come.

So approximately, How many weeks after having sex would you test?

I'm just clueless when everything will be back to journal and doctors can't really dry when I'm too get a period again either.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Two weeks after sex.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• 2 weeks (OK, 3 if you want to be absolutely sure) after sex will give you an accurate result.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I came in here all set to make a frisky ghost joke, LOL.
    But yes, two weeks would be a good time to take a test.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• **my spellcheck always sucks on this website ONLY, when using my phone lol sorry.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• That's ok. That was a funny autocorrect.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Two to three weeks, but please be careful of getting pregnant too soon after a miscarriage. Your body needs time to heal.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I remember after my miscarriages, my Dr. told me to wait until after my next period or two months to try again. You need to let your body heal. I used protection for two months then tried again. Just my opinion though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Generally 2 weeks if you were tracking your ovulation but seeing as you recently had a miscarriage and your body may not have returned to a normal cycle I would wait 3-4 to be certain.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Ive already spoken to my dr about it. My hcg was so low that i miscarried soon after i conceived. He also said being my age and having good health that he sees.no reson for me to have to wait. My body naturally expelled it and my follow up was fine.

Weve been ttc. For 2 years now. He also said this would be the time im very fertile and a good window. I was given the okay for sex and the.okay for.sex without contraceptives and he knows we are going to be ttc again.

I did ask him about my period and he said they cant say for sure but it might be 4 wks.

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Have you had your progesterone levels checked? When I was trying to get pregnant with my youngest, I was having trouble getting and staying pregnant. I miscarried early because my progesterone level was too low for my body to not have a period. My doctor put me on progesterone and I was pregnant with my son that first month.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2013