Has anything happened yet in your state regarding gay rights after the DOMA decision?

Michigan has two already, one seeking gay marriage rights, and one for gay adoption rights. (they were the first to have a case citing the SCOTUS opinion) Pennsylvania just had a gay marriage rights suit filed. In Indiana, our idiot governor had the nerve to give a speech on the 4th saying it was "about freedom" and that it's great that the protesters were allowed to voice their opinions, but he opposes gay marriage in Indiana. The mayor of South Bend (city where he was speaking from) then went on the news to disagree with him.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• No, but I'm in a backwards state.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Perry's going, that's got to count for something, right? ;)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Don't you love it? The people have spoken, the voice of freedom has sounded--but I don't want the will of the people in Indiana. I want what I want.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• The people have spoken, the voice of freedom has sounded--but I don't want the will of the people in Indiana. I want what I want.

He's not the only one, unfortunately. One of the guys sharing the ticket with him last election was the "rape is a gift from God" idjit.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• ugh, no. unfortunately there are a lot of homophobes here. which is surprising because isn't Florida mostly a left leaning state? hopefully the remaining religious goons will cycle out soon enough and we'll be legalizing gay marriage in my lifetime.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2013