Will you go out when it's storming?

Friend just called for a ride to pick up her car. The person who was supposed to take her won't leave the office until the storm passes (generic thunderstorm, no watches or warnings on tv)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yes , storms don't scare me.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I ain't skeered.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Yes, I definitely do. Eleven years in Minnesota mean that very little in the way of storms frightens me. Ice and dense fog are about it lol
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I try to avoid it, for two reasons. It rains so rarely here that the road oils don't get washed away, so when it does rain, the roads are slick like ice. Also, a little rain practically shuts the city down. Tons of traffic and accidents, and flooding in the southern part of the valley if they get 1/10 of an inch. It can take a couple of hours to drive somewhere that should only take 20 minutes.
    If it's one of those rare times that it will rain a couple of days in a row, I have no problems driving in it once the slippery stuff on the roads is washed away.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Only if I have to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Only if I have to, like have an appt or something pre-scheduled. But, that's b/c I work at home & have the kids with me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I don't have a problem going out in the rain. I do get a little pissed at the other idiots though, you would think it never rains here, even though it is pretty much a daily thing during the summer.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• if I have to. It's been raining here non stop (thunderstorms to light rain) since last week. We finally got a little sunshine today but it won't last.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Depends on how heavy it's raining, since around here, we've been so inundated with rain lately, it doesn't take much for even major streets to flood. But in general, if it's not snow or ice, or no watches or warnings, then I'm out there. Oh, but I don't like to drive at night when it's raining. Too hard to see.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Depends on the storm if the rain is very heavy, I will wait because people are idiots when driving and with impaired vision even worse.
    Some people are afraid of lightning and with good reason.

That being said, if it is just general rain with blowing wind, I will go out and even go out walking in it. lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2013