Pregnant on Implanon?

I had implanon implanted right after I had my son in May of 2010. I had it removed recently in May of 2013 and had Nexplanon put in at the same time. I know side effects of birth control can be similar to symptoms of pregnancy however, the last few days I have been feeling flutters in my lower abdomen. I don't know if these are just muscle spasms or not. I plan to get a pregnancy test done just to be safe but in the mean time, has anyone every heard of someone getting pregnant with Implanon? I got it replaced within the 3 years. A couple things, I am not overweight. I am about average size so that is not something that would effect anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Since no birth control is 100%, yes I am sure people have gotten pregnant on it. Any time there is sex, there is a risk of pregnancy, birth control or not.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Yes, I'm sure people have.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• It can happen, but you would not be feeling "flutters" unless you are already near or into the second trimester.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2013