3 week old is throwing up, but not all the time...help

I took my 3 week old to his pediatrician for a weight check and also told her that he threw up 3 times in two days and she told me not to worry about it. That night he threw up again and again last night, I was thinking maybe it's acid reflux, but he doesn't do it every time he eats, any one have any ideas????

djsmommy129

Asked by djsmommy129 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes when babies this age eat too fast they throw up, but this usually happens just a few minutes after eating. Does it smell like vomit or like formula/breastmilk?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Its ok. Just make sure that he isn't getting dehydrated... Check for enough wet diapers...you can give him some plain pedialyte, about 1ounce after feeding him, just to make sure he is getting enough fluids(this is what my pedi told me about my dd) HTH
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• throw up or spit up?
    Anonymous

• My daughter did the same thing, and it wasnt reflux she just couldnt handle any kind of formula. we tried 6 diff kinds and she would throw up. I know they are going to yell at me now, but try to add some cereal to his bottles. That is what the dr suggest for reflux. the only was to help keep anything down her bottles had to be like a malt milk shake with cereal! oh, and she has never had a problem eating off a spoon as some will tell you, and she was fine once on real milk! GL i know it is FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thanks every one for reading my post. He does have wet diapers all the time and it doesn't smell like throw up it just smells like formula. Like I said, he does not do it all the time, but it still makes me nervous being a first time mom and all.
    djsmommy129

Answer by djsmommy129 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009