Aw man.

My husband was hanging around a bad crowd some months back. They were driving and the police pulled them over because they looked lost. But then he smelt marijuana, so he searched the car, and found weed, and 150-250 grams (?) of Xanax (pills) in the trunk.

When questioned, my husband tried to be honest, (which dug him in a deeper hole) and told the police that his friends were driving to pharmacies with fake prescriptions. The lawyer even told him he should have kept his mouth shut!

Today was his second day of trial. The only thing my husbands lawyer had was that the cop illegally pulled him over. Thats out the window. My husband was looking at 7 years, but the lawyer brought it down to 5 years in prison.

The lawyer never ever mentioned trying to get my husband probation instead. So my husband asked about it today, and he said its possible, he will see what he can do.

I don't think its looking too good right now.
What do you guys think?

:((

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• Doesn't sound promising.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• That seems like an awfully long sentence for someone with no prior arrests. (I know NOTHING about the law....just opinion there). Has he been in trouble before?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Has he been in trouble before? That sounds pretty stiff for a first offense.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I wish you the best, but no matter how it goes, it sounds like you and your husband have a tough road ahead. If your husband has no prior arrests, hopefully the lawyer will emphasize that when it comes to sentencing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• He has two misdemeanors. One in 2004, and one in 2009.
    Other then that, he's a really good guy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• do you trust this lawyer you have for him?

i do not know what first time offenders get for that much drugs, i know over a certain amount and it is assumed it is dealing and that is stiffer

sorry you and your kids have to go through this
    prepare for the worst
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• i am guessing that probation will not happen
    but only a guess
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I remember you...
    I would have dumped his ass for being so stupid. He's going to ruin you financially.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Yeah, I thought of leaving him numerous times, but I just can't seem to get myself to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Well OP now's your chance. If he gets sent to jail for years, you aren't going to wait around for him are you? And if so, WHY?!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2013