i have been off the depo shot for three weeks. ive had a kid and i feel pregnant the same way i was with her. the test came up negative can i still be pregnant?

katherine50

Asked by katherine50 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Depends on whether you are late and how late you are. If you get your period you can not be pregnant
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I haven't had one. But I feel really nauseous everyone has said I'm really moody. I was suppose to get a depot shot 3 weeks ago and I didn't.
    katherine50

Comment by katherine50 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• It could be the changing hormones in your system from not getting the shot.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I strongly doubt it. Although anything is possible it typically takes quite a while for your cycle to reassert itself after being on Depo for any length of time.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I know it takes a while to get back on the cycle but ive heard from many people that the got pregnant within weeks and then some within years of getting off of the depot.
    katherine50

Comment by katherine50 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Even if you have super eggs you wouldn't have ovulated until you were off the shot for 2 weeks, which means you'd only be 1 week pregnant and it would be impossible to A) Show up positive on a test or B) Have symptoms.
    It's safer and healthier for you to go thru a full menstrual cycle before trying to get pregnant.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Why is it we always want to doubt the test? They are 99% accurate. If your period is still missing in action in another week test again. It is possible you tested too soon. That is why you should always wait until your cycle fails to show. It is more likely your body is shifting back to normal since the shot is finally out of your system.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2013