OUCH! I used a clay mask on my face

and evidently left it on too long. It is not red and sore. I have never had this reaction.
I have really oily skin. So I put moisturizer on my face to try and sooth it but It is still red and sore. Any suggestions?

I know I am a dummy. I should have at least done this a few days ago because I have a wedding to go to tomorrow.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• You will probably be OK in a few hours. For future reference, yes, do it a few days before, if at all.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I might just put a cool face cloth over it for a while. Did you have to scrub a little to get if off? That may have aggravated it as well and it should feel better in a couple of hours.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Ouch! Maybe an ice pack wrapped in a towel?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• GL
    and what brand did you use so I know what NOT to use :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Do you have any green tea serum? That works very well for getting rid of redness caused from irritation. I use Neova Green Tea Serum whenever I wax my eyebrows (helps to take away the redness and is soothing) or when I use any product that causes redness and irritation.

You can also try putting aloe vera or a hydrocortisone cream on your face. Put cold compresses on your face throughout the day and take a pain reliever that's for anti-inflamation to help take down any swelling. Hope this helps.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• You got any Arnica gel? That stuff is magic!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• In spot I did have to encourage it to let go lol. I did soak my face with water and used a sopping wet cloth to get it off
    I let it get dry, which is what my old one suggested but I guess I should have read the directions lol.
    OK I am going to get a cool damp cloth and lay down with it a bit . Thanks.

I resemble a lobster.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Wow a couple hours and I look the same as I did before.
    Thanks all

Oh and it was Queen Helene
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2013