What's the world coming to? *Updated.* adult content

I took the kids to the pool for a while. There was a boy there we hadn't seen before. He was apparently visiting his grandmother, who lives in the complex, but she wasn't with him and his mother.

So anyway, the seven-year-old boy said to my daughter, "Hey, if I had something long and hard, you'd suck on it."

My daughter was clueless, thank God, but my stepson told the kid not to say stuff like that before I could get a word in. The kid said, "Well, I bet she would."

So I asked his oblivious mom to tell him to knock it off, and she said to me, "Oh, he has ADHD."

I told her, "So does mine, but I don't believe that gives him the right to make inappropriate remarks to other kids, especially little girls."

So then the kid said to his mom, referring to my daughter, "I wish you could just drown her or beat her up."

His mom did tell him to settle down, but we got dressed and left. He yelled a very fake-sounding, snippy apology as we were walking away, but none of us responded. Since I don't know who the brat or his grandmother is, I told my kids that if we go to the pool and that boy is there, or if we are there and he and his mom arrive, we'll have to leave. They don't think it's fair that we should miss our pool time because of him, and I agree, but I don't want him around them, especially my little one, when I can't see what he's doing and his mom obviously can't or won't keep a leash on him.

I'm just so disgusted. What kind of mom sits there and lets her kid say that kind of stuff and just makes excuses instead of putting a stop to it?

I thought my daughter was unaffected, but I just found her in hr bed crying.  She was upset about the kid threatening to drown her, and she was upset because apparently he called her a slut, which I didn't hear.  She wanted to know what it meant.  Now I'm really pissed.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 8:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• See, it's moms like that that have caused people to think ADHD is nothing but a joke. My boys have ADHD and they would NEVER say something like that to someone.

Frankly, next time I heard that kind of stuff out of that kid, I'd tell him and his mom that they better get the f*ck away from me and my kids or I'm calling the cops for harassment and threats. I'd find out who Grandma is, report it all to management, and keep doing it until they figure out that the only way you'll stop is if they leave you alone or quit coming to the pool altogether.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I would hate to know what that child has gone through to know and say those things! No normal 7 year old says those things (even with ADHD). If you go back and the boy is there again and is making inappropriate comments, I would ask them who they are a guest of and report it to the management. Many times, the management will revoke pool access to the tenant and their guests for misbehavior. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Wow, that's terrible. We'll probably hear about this kid on the news someday.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• report. report. report.
    only because in this day and age it's illegal to spank someone else's kid. even if they need it.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• ADHD does NOT cause a kid to say shit like that. He learned it from somewhere and his mom is too damn sorry to teach him to not be an asshole. Hopefully they won't be around long and you guys can enjoy your summer pool time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• I had a bad incident last summer at the pool. The short version- we got to the pool, as I set up my chair my kids go into the water. I just was sitting and I hear my daughter scream (she's 9, he's 7 at the time). I jump up in time to see a boy holding my son under the water. I run into the water and yell at the kid (who let go of my son) 'Where is your mother?' He points, she doesn't even move out of her chair. I say in the nastiest voice I have "Go to her RIGHT NOW". He starts walking her way and turns back and yells at me "you're a bitch!" My daughter tells me that as soon as they walked into the water, that boy bee lined right for them, punched her in the back, punched my son in the stomach and then pushed him under and was holding him there. So then the mother is saying to the boy "why are you always embarrassing me?" He is yelling at her that she's a bitch, and 'F you' and all kinds of profanity. Craziness!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Oh wow !!!! That's bad but not an excuse. ADHD is not a free pass to do whatever you want or say crazy shit like to anyone..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• Are the managers in the building where the pool is? In my apartments people got banned from using the pool for behavior like that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• That boy sounds like a creep with a dope for a grandma, but you might not want to spoil your kids' summer right off the bat by retreating so quickly and letting their presence dictate your actions. I can understand why you are upset, but is it a really small pool? Can't you just stay away from him and tell DD to do the same, especially if you have SS to help you out?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2013

• That's horrible. I think you should file a complaint with the managing company just in case it helps. Perhaps they have a residents only rule that could be enforced? I would also go to the Grandmother, who is the resident of the complex, and let her know what her grandson is up to. It also might not do any good, but it should be said.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2013