Is your salary enough for your job?

Okay, thanks guys!

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Money & Work

• I get paid min wage to take care of 15 3 year old's... so... yeah... I feel underpaid. I feel like school teachers are RICH compared to my pay.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Does anyone every think that they are paid what they should be paid?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Absolutely not. I get paid at the poverty level for my area, plus a little extra for being a leader with additional responsibilities. It comes out to $6.82 an hour, however, I don't do what I do for the money. I do it because I am passionate about serving my community and helping people fight poverty.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I get paid by what I sell. If I could get a per party fee that would be great. Nothing huge, just like $25 or $50 to cover gas money and expenses.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Not considering the unique skill I have and the scarcity of people who have that skill. But a lot of the places I freelance for get government contracts that set prices. Still, I couldn't get hired in the mainstream work force--about 75 percent of blind people of working age are unemployed and about thirty percent of those who have jobs are grossly underemployed--so starting my own business was my best option.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• According to the last salary survey for my industry, I'm underpaid. But such are the breaks in public broadcasting.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• PGA I can understand that. I have been to a few parties where I was the only other person attending and not only the consultant is out the time effort and gas but the hostess has spent the time cleaning and rearranging and purchasing refreshments. I would imagine that would be very frustrating to someone who makes their living doing parties.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Honestly, I don't know how many people survive these days. I saw a job posting offering $10/hr for someone with a bachelors degree! INSANE! I was laid off from work a few months ago and was told that because my unemployment is more that $180/month, i make too much to qualify for insurance through the government. Who in the world can afford insurance, much less anything else off of $180 a month? Definitely not me. Obama talked about increasing the minimum wage, which is great in theory, but all that will do is increase the prices of everything else making it ineffective.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• For what I do, the knowledge I have, and the b.s. I put up with HECK NO! I'm far under paid. And I don't even like my job.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• ^^someone is definitely underpaid!

As for the question, no!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2013