How did you tell your family that you were pregnant?

Did you come out and say it straight up, did you do something cute or creative?? I'm trying to get ideas on how to tell my family!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I called my mom and just told her that she was going to be a grandmother. I did the same thing with my mother in law. I couldn't contain the excitement. My husband had just deployed and I knew I wouldn't get to tell him for almost a month and I just had to tell someone. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• With my first we called an said I was pregnant, we lived in TX they lived in NV. With our second we let our first tell them that he was going to be a big brother.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• My pregnancy was very unexpected and not particularly well received by anyone except me, so I never got the joy of making a happy announcement with tears and hugs.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I just blurted it out I was so excited. I have no patience with holding off for cute stuff sometimes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• With my first we just told them. With my second we bought her a couple big sister shirts and had them wear them around people to see how long it took them to notice.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• With my first 2 I just told them. With my 3rd I had gotten a video of my initial ultrasound, so I popped it in the tv and told them to watch it.

Answer by missanc at 8:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I didn't do this but I think it would be cute to go out and get your parents a cute lil shirt that's says grandma or grandpa to be kind of thing! It could b something. As simple as a grandparents picture frame although they may not get it if they already have grandkids. Good luck and congrats!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2013