Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I am still married to my husund but we live in other places and I sm saving up for a divorce and I want can I tsked over state line .to where I live we are septeded .but he is in danger place .s

Answer Question

Asked by kittenshey at 2:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Parenting Debate

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • Could you rewrite this so that I can understand what you are saying?

    Answer by Dardenella at 3:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • Sorry. I am his dislexed. Me and my husund is still married and we have 5yr twins. And he is living with a sex offinder and I am saving up for the divorce. And we are sepated.and I did a seearh for where he is live at and find out that he is living with a sex offinder.can I just go get them out there and it not it. I live in mo and he lives in tx.I want to get them ina safe place my home.

    Comment by kittenshey (original poster) at 4:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • I would go get them especially if the sex offender was against children. Depending on the conditions of their parole they may not be allowed children anyhow.

    Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • It would still be kidnapping and you could be in legal trouble. I know it sounds crazy and I understand completely your want to take them out of that situation.

    Get a lawyer. Or take the information to a police officer and request that the officer accompany you to get your children.


    Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • I agree. Take a lawyer, police officer, or Texas state social worker with you to get your kids. If you call the social worker in Texas they might go get your kids for you and turn them over to you. But getting them on your own is still considered kidnapping unless he agrees to let them go with you.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • Call the police for the area he's living in. It's very possible the sex offender is violating terms of his probation or parole.

    Answer by gdiamante at 10:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • Get an attorney to help you with this stuff.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 11:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • Call a lawyer.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • If you are in the St. Louis area I can recommend a couple of lawyers. I would ask them before doing something like that.

    My guess is that since you are still married you do not have any custody papers filed (neither of you) or a separation agreement?
    If that is the case my guess is that you each have equal rights to the children.

    PM me is you want some contacts.
    But do talk to someone who has the legal knowledge to protect yourself and therefore protect your children, good luck.

    Answer by Dardenella at 8:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

  • We boths never filled for divorce or separation agreements. And he live on tx and I am in clost to leesumit.

    Comment by kittenshey (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.