im 36 weeks Pregnant Dilated 2.4 my cbc test said my iron was 8 ive been taking my iron pills but its not working im scared I might have to get a blood transfusion after I deliver?

Dnnlovern

Asked by Dnnlovern at 3:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Ablood transfusion is no big deal. Concentrate on the wonderful joy you are bringing into the world
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Mine dropped low too during pregnancy. After my 4th delivery I needed 2 units, but it was a csection and I hemorrhaged. I was fine after my first 3 vaginal deliveries and my 5th (also a csection). Keep taking your iron pills and try to increase you intake of iron rich foods (red meats and leafy greens). You'll be fine!

Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• The transfusion is no big deal. If you need one, get it otherwise you might not get to enjoy the child you are bringing into the world. I nearly died after my first baby was born. I needed two bags of blood. Thanks to my doctor and an anonymous donor or two I'm still here. There are medications they can give you to stop excessive bleeding. They can have it ready if you are worried about it. Good Luck and don't worry. Take the transfusion if you absolutely need it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• You'll be fine!! My iron dropped really low after I delivered my first I guess I'm just a bleeder! I ended up not having a transfusion however I was one point away from needing one... Not a huge deal no need to worry momma just eat lots of meat and leafy green you'll be just fine! :)
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2013