I really hope i'm wrong. I really hope she isn't that cold hearted.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my cousin snuck out of town last night,and didn't say goodbye to me.
She and this new boyfriend of hers apparently made plans this past weekend, to move 3 hours away,and no one bothered to tell me.
I practically raised her from birth. I was the one that kept her safe when really bad things happened. I was always the voice of reason. I feel like she is more my surrogate daughter than my cousin.
i'm literally sick to my stomach with worry and sadness. i've been crying for 2 days. Last night my husband cried so hard that he soaked through his pillowcase.
I wrote her a huge message on Facebook because she doesn't answer my texts or calls. Finally she answered my text about whether or not she read it,and I got,"yes"
She said she'd come say goodbye,but I never heard back from her last night,so I texted,"are you already gone?" No answer
i'm so brokenhearted about this. She's treating me like a stranger because I dared to question whether or not this is a good idea. She just got out of an abusive relationship in MAY,and she's moving away with this new guy in JULY. This is insane!
This guy thinks he can solve all her problems,that she doesn't need therapy,but this guy is a walking trainwreck!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Sorry for the heartache, I know it's hard. I think she is acting this way (ignoring you) bc deep down she probably knows she is being stupid with this new relationship but she wants to believe everything is great so badly that she can't risk your voice of reason. She wants to believe that she has found everything she wants/needs, and can't risk losing that dream. It's a dumb move but people do it all the time... Hugs
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Sometimes you just got to stand back and watch them hit the brick wall.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• :( I guess she'll be back when she needs you to pick up the pieces for her. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 7:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I know how you feel, but sometimes we got to let go of the things we can't control...seems to me she will find you once again when the sh..hits the fan!

Answer by older at 8:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Hugs to you mom, you know how it is when a woman thinks she is following her heart, they forget about everyone else...she will come back to you...

Answer by older at 8:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I can tell you why she needs to treat you this way. Because you opposed her in something she wants. That's it, nothing more.

It's the bitter truth of motherhood or even surrogate motherhood; IT DOES NOT MATTER how well you treated someone. There will be points in their life (and this is one of them) when they want what they want and they don't give a damn what it does to anyone else.

Been there and done that myself when I was in my ignorant 20s.

No one ever gets the treatment they deserve.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• By the way: It's not a matter of cold-hearted, but rather of immaturity.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• i am sorry your going threw this i hope everything works out for you & she will come around when she is ready just let her know that you will always be there for her when she needs you goodluck mama
    Lovingmommy1028

Answer by Lovingmommy1028 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• She has to make mistakes and learn from them.You can only do so much, just be there for her when she needs you, because she WILL need you.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• She's very vulnerable. She's been suicidal a few times in her last relationship

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2013