I'm not a Glen Beck fan by *any* means....

In fact, I've hardly ever had much respect for him at all....

But have any of you seen this yet?
(it is about 9 minutes, but definitely worth the watch, IMO)

Thoughts?
I'm interested to see where he goes from here, after having viewed that... 

We're getting ready to step out for the morning, but I should be back around lunch time, so I'm sorry for the post and dash!

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I have felt the same way about this guy as you have, but it takes a tragic change to put life into perspective...he seems to have done this for now, let's see what happens when he gets that voice back!

Answer by older at 9:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I'm going to bump this so I can remember this after work
    He used to be on talk radio here from 9-12 and disappeared one day...
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I don't like Glenn Beck. I always thought he was off his rocker. But, this was a beautiful statement. Something we should all think about
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 9:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Interesting. Funny how in the comments people go right back to doing what he just tried to make a point of us not being like. Sigh. People just. Don't. Get. It.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Interesting. Funny how in the comments people go right back to doing what he just tried to make a point of us not being like

His message: we are of many faiths

His fans' comments: JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS or you're going to Hell and must be an evil liberal

Sadly, I think in the end it speaks more loudly about his fans than it does him. I hope he does a follow up and takes them to school if he really is sincere about changing his tone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I hope so too np. I think it would truly show he meant every word that he said. Otherwise I feel it's all for show.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Nothing like a life shock to make someone wake up and smell the toast burning.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• "Sadly, I think in the end it speaks more loudly about his fans than it does him."

Hopefully the resistance of his fans to grow won't stop him from his continued growth. I'm really looking forward to see where he goes from here, whether he can be a voice our country needs from this point. I've never liked him before this point, but I am hopeful, after seeing this.

"I hope he does a follow up and takes them to school if he really is sincere about changing his tone."

I hope, however he handles that, he does so in a way that reflects what he "said" here. I don't want to see him merely change teams, I want to see him live up to all he's said, if that makes sense. We don't need the hateful rhetoric he used to spew on either side of the fence. So whatever he says, however he responds to them, I hope it does show that he means what he "said" about growth and all that.
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I hope, however he handles that, he does so in a way that reflects what he "said" here.

It's a little thing he had about half way through, but it stuck out to me. He admitted to saying a lot of mean things "in the 90s". My problem with that is his hate speech continued well into this decade. My reservation is that he very carefully sidestepped one of the issues he was most vocal about the past few years, especially with the ties to his religion and their role in Prop 8. He said he doesn't want to control anyone's marriage, but he left sexual orientation out of his list of diverse people.

I don't expect him to suddenly join PFLAG, but if he is sincere about accepting everyone and wanting the best for people, I don't think he can reflect what he said without condemning that faction in his comments section for outright bigotry.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I noticed that too np and it makes me leery of what he is really saying. I question is absolute sincerity, unfortunately.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2013