Hiking!

In order to go on a nature hike do I need to get hiking boots?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 10:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Shopping

• Depends on what terrain you are hiking. If you're in the mountains or on hills, i'd say yes. Flat ground, i'd say it probably isn't necessary.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• It all very much depends on the type of terrain, the difficulty and the length of the hike.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Depends on where you are hiking. Sometimes a pair of shoes with heavy tread is all you need.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• If it's a hike for beginners, on flat ground or on a trail, probably not. If it's more advanced, over a lot of rocks or steep ups and downs, then maybe. But wear the hiking boots around the house for a while if you get them. Breaking in new boots on the trail will give you blisters and aching feet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• If it is a pretty flat, you could go without hiking boots. However it wouldn't hurt to buy some and use them.
    Foryourboy

Answer by Foryourboy at 12:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I never do. I have Merrells with good tread. Anything to keep your foot solid and a non-skid sole. Whatever works for you and feels comfortable. I have actually hiked in sandals before. : )

AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2013