How long could you lactate after you stop breastfeeding?

i stop my baby breastfeed at least 4 months again and i felt that my milk dry complete he is 19 months old now but i now feel from last 2 weeks pain in breast and when i press my nipple some drop of milk come it is normal because i am worried it is nor any kind of diease

marry217

Asked by marry217 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It takes a year or longer to stop lactating. We've seen moms get milk after two years.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• can take a year or longer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I wasn't getting much milk into to begin with I had only a couple of days of lactation. but I weaned off very slowly.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• My son is going to be three and I can still get milk out of my breasts.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Even after no milk comes out when you squeeze your nipples, you can still get the sensation of milk letting down. My daughter is five, and no milk has come out of my breasts for some four and a half years, but once in a while I can still feel the sensation, especially if I'm around an infant or hear one crying somewhere.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• The first time I BF I did it for two weeks then another 4 pump only, and I leaked for more than 6months steadily. The second time I breastfed for 6 months, not solely for most of it, and stopped leaking after a month or so. It would leak again occasionally if squeezed, particularly after breast stimulation.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2013