Cant get my son to stop putting his hands "down there" 10 months old

My son will be 11 Months old on the 15th and Everytime i change his diapers or have his diaper off he will grab his testicles and pull on them! To me it looks like that would hurt! I Dont know how to stop it another thing when his diaper is on he will pulll at it until the diaper falls apart and gets gooey stuff from the diaper everywhere he also takes his diaper off occasionally i will wake up and he will be naked... why does he do these things??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• self discovery is normal. You are better off ignoring it than you are trying to stop it at this point. The diaper may be because it needs changed. He is not liking the wet sensation and you were sleeping so he took it off himself. Though dressing and undressing is an important skill to learn. It may just be he's learned to do it and wants to practice.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• i'm not sure.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• It's very normal. As for the diaper, put him in onesies, he won't be able to get his hand in there, I did that with my DD, she took her diaper off every chance she got
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• He's just figuring out what he can and can't do, very normal. One piece clothes/pjs are the best for keeping his hands out of his diaper. When you are changing his diaper, just remove his hand each time telling him "no" in a firm voice. He doesn't really know what it means yet but he will hear your tone of voice and learn.

Answer by missanc at 11:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• He wouldn't do it if it hurt.

My mom has a saying... A boy's favorite toy is his penis... from womb to tomb.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• The pulling during diaper change is normal. He's just seeing what he's got. As for the diaper, does he get past a onesie? If so, I've know people who used duct tape!! You do what you have to do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• My oldest son went right for it as soon as the diaper came off. That is very normal and right at that age too. When my kids started taking their diaper off I kept a onesie on them as well.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2013