Being involved!

I want to get involved in the community and take on different events. I am googling and looking at things, but what can you think of off the top of your head events to join in on?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• What are you interested in?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• lol. so many things, I guess I'm looking to expand outside of my normal interests and comfort zone!
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• and i love running and being healthy.
    Sillylins

• Definitely something that doesn't involve that douchebag of yours.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• lol what douchebag? im not with anyone!
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• The one you posted about wanting to meet up & whatnot. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else?
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• nope- it's her

look into your local special olympics, fun runs, relay for life etc. those organizations are always looking for volunteers
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Yeah, that was me. But he's not a douchbag. However the other men I've posted about are. But, they are long gone.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• There are always walks and runs, bike-a-thons, swimming contests, etc, being put on for one thing or another. Check your city's Web site, where a lot of them are posted, and watch for signs in your neighborhood. Also check with any local animal shelters because fun runs are very common as fundraisers for them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Google Events in Your City and there should be some sort of events page. As far as physically active things, try active.com and enter in your zip code. It will bring up races and active events in your area.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2013