TMI adult content

So ive been feeling alot of pressure in my lower back it almost feels like someone is sitting on me. And i have noticed that the pressure gets worse when i have to go number 2 and then when im done going number 2 the pressure turns into a throbbing pressure. And my number 2 has been very light in color. I don't know if the 2nd part of that mattered but i was wondering if anyone has ever felt this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Health

• Gall stones is my first thought. Do you feel like you have gas that you can't pass then suddenly the pain goes away altogether then another day it hits again? If so then go to your Dr. & ask for an ultrasound to detect gallstones. It's very simple. If it is gallstones then the pain will only get progressively worse over time. I had mine removed. Hope I helped :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• possible bile duct obstruction
    have you been taking a bunch of Pepto or Kaopectate?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Yes i have gas all the time and it hurts. So if i ask a doctor to check for stones they will do it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I get pain under right rib too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Yep... gallstones. The GB is right under the ribs on the right side. But the pain can radiate to both sides.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Yes, that really sounds like gall stones. Go to your regular Dr. & tell them your symptoms & request an abdominal ultrasound. It is not invasive & will show any stones clearly. I suffered with it through my first pregnancy & thought it was just gas. After I had the baby it got really bad with terrible painful attacks worse than labor pains. Since I had it removed (they do it laporoscopically with a few small incisions) I feel so much better. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Light colored stool can be a symptom of many things.  Have a checkup for that and certainly for the discomfort you are in.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/what-your-stool-telling-you?page=3

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 12:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• It totally sounds like gallstones. I had them during my pregnancy, too, and thought I was just suffering from killer gas. Then about five weeks after my daughter was born, I got pains that literally dropped me to the floor, and a CT scan showed stones. If that's what you have, the surgery isn't bad at all. It's done with a few tiny incisions and a scope, and you get to go home from the hospital a few hours later. While you're waiting to see your doctor, religiously avoid fatty or spicy foods. Especially watch your salad dressings, because you might think you're doing fine by having a salad, but some of those dressings are loaded with fat. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• My ex MIL always told me to lay on my back and bend my legs so that the knees are up in the air. She said it would relieve that pressure, but if it does, it usually is the gallbladder. Try it and see if it helps.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Yep gallstones. I also got this during pregnancy, though I think it started a bit before pregnancy. I ended up having to have mine out while I was 18 weeks pregnant.

Get in to see the doctor but in the meantime eat as low fat of a diet as you can it will help to keep the pain away. The gallbladder is activated to release its bile when you eat fat(helps to digest it)...so eating no fat keeps it "sleeping".
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2013