my daughter..

has had a sore throat in the beginning of december..
i took her to the urgent care by our house, and they gave her the z-pack (antibotic) because they said that it looked like strep might have been starting.
by the beginning of january, the same thing, i took her, the same thing, the strep throat test came out negative (she didnt have it), so again they just gave her an antibotic.
now, its february.. towards the middle of the month, same thing..

i already scheduled a doctors appointment for her at a hospital, shes 17 by the way.
but do you have an idea what it is? or from?

ps. shes not a dirty girl, nothing goes in her mouth except food and im postive about that one

HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• Shes 17? I would question the antibiotics if they didn't have a definite diagnosis. "Looking like strep" isn't good enough for me. My daughter is a teen and she had what turned out to be strep but at first my thoughts were Mono. You can't get mono from just about anywhere, so its not like if she had it she would be considered dirty or anything. Those girls at school share drinks, and food and utensils and I am sure they do some kissing too. I don't know if mono is treated with AB's or not. I dont think so. Thats my only guess.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• **I am sorry, I mean you CAN get mono from anywhere** My bad.
    momofsaee

• Has she been tested for allergies. my son and I both have bad allergies and we have sore throats all the time.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Have them test her for bacterial infections.

Answer by gemgem at 12:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Has she had her tonsil's removed yet? When I was around 16 I had chronic strep, as soon as I finished the antibiotics it was back again but my strep test was always negative. After months and months of it I finally got referred to an ENT who told me that a strep test frequently give false positives and that I DESPERATELY needed my tonsils removed. Sounds kind of like what you are going through.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009