Just a cute story

My Son (6) brought a Black Swallowtail Butterfly Caterpillar in from the deck. They are eating my Parsley. No big deal since I don't use it. He put it in his bug holder with a load of parsley. Two days later it turned into a Chrysalis. He said, "this butterfly is going to hatch for Sissy's Birthday Party (his little Sister) & we can release it when everyone is here!" I thought to myself, what are the chances of that!? Well the morning of her Party the Butterfly hatched & he released it at the Party for everyone to see & said "Sissy this is my Present to you!"

Just thought I would share. Kids amaze me!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 3:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• happyAwww- that is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.  What a nice thing to do for his little sister.  You have quite a little sweetie pie there :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• How sweet.

There was actually an episode of Wild Crats recently about the Monarch butterfly. The show talked about the butterfly life cycle, and how long from birth from egg, to chrysalis, to emergence from chrysalis.

Kids are super smart when they're interested in something. Just yesterday I listened to 3, 9-10 year olds talk about Jedi and Star Wars for the 30 minute drive home. They were talking about stuff that *I* never knew, and I grew up watching Star Wars 4, 5, & 6.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• What a sweet story!!! I hope the sister appreciated the gift!

Answer by older at 3:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• What an awesome story, and what an awesome big brother! His little sister is lucky to have him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Awwhhh! Super sweet!
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 3:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• That's amazing! Thanks for sharing. I love it that kids take an interest in insects rather than just killing them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• He is very smart. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• That is adorable!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• So cool!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2013