Blood in urine

Blood in urine third trimester. But the cultures come back.normal. what could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You asked this in your other post.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Are you sure it is in your urine? Or is it when you wipe? I think you need to contact your doctor ASAP.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Have they checked your kidney function? Are you having any other symptoms?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Your doctor should have suggestions.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• What did your doctor say?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I have had labs tell me that there was blood in my urine, and have done tons of test to find out why, in the end they found nothing and came to the conclusion that labs make mistakes of this kind all the time...

Answer by older at 4:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I answered this one of the other times you asked. I had the same thing - blood detected in urine sample but no infection. Because it was a one time occurrence there was no need for alarm. After I had my baby my rheumatologist ran a test on kidney function and it came back abnormal. I went to a nephrologist and found that I had a loss in kidney function. It was slight and is now stable so that's as far as it went.
    You need to discuss this with your dr. and see what he says. If you trust him and he isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either.

Answer by missanc at 4:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Possible causes of blood in urine, or bloody-looking urine, include: certain drugs including blood thinners such as warfarin, foods (such as beets) or medications that may discolor urine, blood disorders such as hemophilia, blood clots in the kidneys, low platelets, sickle cell anemia, kidney or bladder stones, urinary tract infections, urinary tract injury, polycystic kidney disease, and recent urinary tract procedures
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2013