How to beat the Alabama heat while you're 32 weeks pregnant???

I feel like a giant, swollen, sweaty beached whale. I'm so over being pregnant between the heartburn, shortness of breath, and its HOT!!! How in the world can I make these last 8 weeks comfortable???

Asked by BeautyGuru at 4:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• ICE water.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Stay inside with ac as much as possible, soak yourself in cool water often......these are going to be the longest 8 weeks of your life! hang in there mom and think cool thoughts, hugs....

Answer by older at 4:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Oh man I drink about 3 gallons of water a day!! I crave it!!!

Comment by BeautyGuru (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Get a baby pool! That was the best thing about being pregnant with my 3 yo and already have my 4 yo. He was content to splash in the water while I submerged as much of me as possible in the water!

Answer by missanc at 4:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I feel ya! I'm from Alabama too and my oldest was born in July and my youngest in August. I went to my mom's and got in the pool, just sat there lol I also ate a lot of crushed ice and frozen watermelon.

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Dip washcloths in ice water, put your feet up, and put one on each foot.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• All above ideas are great! Also take a cool shower and don't dry of. Just put on something loose and baggy and let your body dry slowly. Same with your hair. Keep it wet as much as possible. It will lower your overall temp!! Hang in there!! I know it's miserable

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• AC!!!!

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Swim, shower, bathe, wear as little clothing as possible around the house.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2013