when is it time to call cps dirty house baby is dirty alot. talking to her is not doing no good

suzylost

Asked by suzylost at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• IDK is the kid in danger, drugs abuse, etc. you would need to give some more information before I could make up my mind, last I knew having a dirty baby wasn't grounds to call.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• PS, how did you find answers so fast?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Is the child neglected, abused, in any kind of danger? Is the house dirty or messy, there is a difference?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• What else is she doing to the baby?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• no mom or dad dose drugs. having a dirty house not messy .poop in floor from dog mold in fridge.just dirty. iam a person who keeps my house spotless and I know she dosn't have to have spotless just keep it picked up. and keep the baby clean. I have her most of the time which I love having her with me. I dont want to have to call cps. I think being a good parent is part of keeping things picked. there is just the 3 of them and she dosnt work. my son is not use to living in filth.
    suzylost

Comment by suzylost (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• So this is your son and his wife you are talking about?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• my son is not use to living in filth.

I'm confused. Are you worried about someone else's kid in a home that's dirty, or are you leaving your son with someone whose house is dirty? If it's the second one, why call CPS? Why not just take your kid somewhere else? If it's the first one, it really depends on whether the kid is in danger or being neglected or at serious risk of getting sick or something from the house.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Can your son help her to clean or can you offer some help? Maybe she is overwhelmed.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I would be concerned about dog feces on the floor and mold in the fridge.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• What does your son have to do with this situation? It is your call on this issue. Call CPS if you want.

Answer by louise2 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2013