Need advice on 7 year old with red itchy vajay-jay

I am almost certain I know what the problem is, the bath soap again. I sprayed her really good after her bath but she was digging at the "jina" she calls it, and told me to call the doctor lol. I looked and it's red, not horribly but enough that it's obviously uncomfortable. I don't think it's a yeast infection, just irritated by the soap. I am going to go out and buy a softer soap that won't be so rough on her skin but for the time being, what can I put on her little "lady" to ease the discomfort?

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 5:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• cortisone can go on the outside area. That is what my ped told me anyway.... do you have an after hours line you can call?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I'd treat with Monistat cream - you can buy that at any drugstore.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I would only use Johnson's Baby Wash for baths but just a little. That used to happen to us as kids when we used regular Bubble Bath. I think it would go away on it's own. I don't remember though. Call the Pediatrician maybe.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Till the itchiness goes away, help your daughter take showers, but don't put her in the tub. My pediatrician said baths would make an existing yeast infection or any irritation worse.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I would think hydrocortezone cream and maybe a benedryl.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Try to keep her out of undies if possible- like in a nightgown or something. She could lay down with a cold rag there.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Honestly, I would call the doctor. Sometimes contact dermatitis, while not really a medical emergency, need a script to help it from not getting worse. While not an emergency I would say she has some urgency to have it checked out by a medical provider.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Her Ped has a 24 hour nurses line I can call and ask them. I don't think its that serious but then on the other hand I don't want to do nothing and find out it was more serious. It's hard to know what to really do in a situation like this lol I mean I know it will most likely clear up on it's own, but I hate seeing her miserable and really don't want her digging at it all the time lol.
    AnonNdrag

Comment by AnonNdrag (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2013