how would i set up a custody exchange station

My son had to have a third party exchange and the courts set him and the ex up with a business that handle the exchange of the children. I would like to start a place like that thought our church. Help me help others.

Grandma641

Asked by Grandma641 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would think you would need to ask the county judicial department
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 6:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Well not to burst your bubble but the fact you have to have a 3rd party exchange would most likely exclude you from being the person who does it for others. I agree with music maker.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I've never heard of this before. What is an exchange station?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I would suggest you set up an appointment to talk to family services and see what they would suggest for you to do.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• 2kids, how would her son and his ex having to do a 3rd party exchange exclude her?

OP, I think this is a wonderful idea. I do agree with musicmaker though. Either you or someone representing the church needs to call the courts and find out what the qualifications are and be asked to have the church put on the list if qualified.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• It would all have to be worked out legally with the county where you live. There could also be liability issues.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2013