1) If you are interested in politics

what initially got you interested?

(if you're not interested, don't bother answering here, the other question will be up in a second)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm interested in political situations, they intrigue me. I do NOT like the people involved (politicians) in said situations. What got me interested was seeing situations in my local government, and wondering how the people in charge would deal with it. MY problem is that 99% of all politicians are corrupt and don't actually do what they're supposed to do to represent me (generic).
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• my interest in politics is a new thing for me. im not anywhere near on the scale as most people are. i think it started when i became more interested in social issues (gay marriage, abortion, etc) and it grew from there.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I don't remember not being interested. When I was a senior (fall of 1990), there was a huge senate race in NC (Jesse Helms/Terry Sanford) and since some students had already turned 18 and could vote there was a lot of debate around school. That was huge (Helms won!)

Answer by missanc at 9:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Sorry missed that there were two. I am selective in what interests me politically.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I was a political science/broadcasting dual major in school. I initially did poli sci to help me in broadcasting, but ended up dropping broadcasting as a major and became interested in politics.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• very simple...its history in the making. i actually hate politics, the whole craptastic system. but i cant deny that its gonna be important history someday and the more i know about it now, the better i can teach it later. also, i would hate to be 80 and have someone ask me "what was it like when XYZ happened?" and i have no idea what he was talking about.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• It was always a big deal in my family to vote, and to remember the people who died to give us that right. Beyond that and writing a few letters to senators and legislators, I haven't gotten too deeply into politics because I feel that the higher offices are passed around among the wealthy and the special interest money has taken over so that the will of the people is often ignored. But I always at least vote and try to keep somewhat informed abou current issues.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• Ron Paul got me interested in politics. I first saw him in the debates 2 years ago, and it was the first time I had ever seen a politician who was honest, and actually said what I was thinking. LOVE HIM~
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I liked politics for awhile, but the people I hung out with were not into it, so I didn't really keep with it. And when I went into the criminal justice field, it was nothing but politics for the most part. I guess I am more for the justice side of politics more than anything, and I believe in equal justice for all, not by race and the other shit involved. Thats probably why I get mad and upset with the Zimmerman trial because what I have seen and followed with the trial, they guy is getting fucked with, and having his personal liberties messed with, and its ALL politically motivated, and race. And the other thing is that I can come here and talk about whatever, and actually get intelligent answers! Plus its a great conversation starter! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I find myself interested in the workings of government and how we are to choose people we should trust to help form laws for all of us to live by, yet I am consistently disgusted in how many of these "trusted" individuals are corrupt and learn the art of double speak in order to have their cake and eat it too.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2013